FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
May 8, 2019
Contact: Chris Brown
City and University Close Roads and Reroute Traffic for Summer Construction
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark.— The City of Fayetteville and the University of Arkansas schedule constructions and improvement projects during the summer when there are less people on campus. On Monday, May 13, two projects will affect traffic with road closures and detours. Information about University of Arkansas campus projects can be found on this webpage.
Razorback Road and Maple Street (Arkansas Highway 112) Widening
Monday, May 13 through early August
- Razorback Road will be temporarily closed to thru traffic from Meadow Street to Cleveland Street:
- Local traffic only between Meadow and Markham Streets for access to parking lots 72, 73 and 73a on the west side of Razorback Road.
- Local traffic only between Cardwell Lane and Cleveland Street.
- Maple Street will be temporarily closed from Razorback Road to Stadium Drive.
- The Razorback/Maple intersection will be temporarily closed.
- The only entrance to Lot 44 during the construction will be on the east side, from Stadium Drive.
- Thru traffic on Razorback Road will be temporarily routed east from Meadow Street to Stadium Drive.
- A temporary three-way stop will be set up at the Stadium/Meadow intersection.
Note: Thomas Avenue, west of Razorback Drive, is currently closed to thru traffic until mid-July, limiting access to Lot 73.
In early July (and lasting through early August) the parking area in front of the Administration Building will be removed and a new sidewalk will be installed; Maple Street will be temporarily closed between Razorback Road and Garland Avenue.
Leroy Pond Drive extension to S. Graham Avenue
Monday May 14 through mid-August
Leroy Pond Drive is being extended across Razorback Road, through a portion of Lot 46, and will curve northward to connect to Graham Avenue.
- Lot 46 will be closed for the summer months.
- Nettleship Street, between Razorback Road and Graham Street, will be permanently closed to traffic.
Detour map links (PDF):